Mayer Elementary Families:
As a staff we would like to start off by saying thank you to our PTO for a very successful Book Fair. With your support of the Book Fair we will be able to continue to add to our books in the library. We also would like to thank our volunteers who made it possible to have the book fair open during that week.
Mayer Elementary embraces Character Counts, as well as our Wildcat Pride. These are key components that focus on the expectations that we set for ourselves as a learning community. Our universal expectations are:
Preparation Responsibility Integrity Determination Excellence (PRIDE)
I believe that when we establish expectations for academic achievement and the promotion of character inside and outside of the classroom, we create a learning environment in which EVERY student is capable of succeeding.
There are several ways you can help your child succeed:
· Ask your child what they are learning when they come home
· Encourage your child to become organized with their school materials
· Establish a quiet homework area
· Keep in contact with your child’s teacher(s) and monitor their grades in Family Link (If you can’t get on your family link, please call the office for help)
· Come to school activities
· Participate in APTT (Academic Parent Teacher Teams)
· Participate in Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
· Participate in the AZ State Tax Credit program to Mayer Elementary
· Volunteer! Teachers and the school always need your help! (Volunteer packets are in the office. Fingerprint dates are also available for fingerprints to be taken)
Enjoy Fall Break,